Skip to content
Windows 10, 64-bit:
- Download Geth from https://geth.ethereum.org/downloads/. Probably okay to download the 64-bit “Archive” (later unzip and move the geth.exe into Program Files\Geth\ instead of the older one). Note: The “Installer” file may be deemed suspicious by Anti-virus programs…
certutil -hashfile __path_to_file__ MD5 to compare to MD5 in website.
- Download Ethereum-Wallet-installer-*.exe from https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/.
certutil -hashfile __path_to_file__ SHA256 to compare to SHA256 in website.
- Run the installer. IMPORTANT: It may suggest to place the blockchain data in:
C:\Users\___your_user_name___\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum. Here you may change it to
D:\Ethereum instead, if you prefer an external drive.
- Optional (recommended): Shortcut with
--syncmode "light". In fact, the “Target” in the shortcut can be something like:
"C:\Program Files\Ethereum-Wallet\Ethereum Wallet.exe" --node-syncmode "light" --node-datadir="D:\Ethereum"
- Note: No need to run both geth and wallet. Just run the wallet, it will invoke the proper geth.